Here at BreadMachineDirect.com, we’re committed to providing our readers with comprehensive and unbiased bread machine reviews. We’ve put dozens of models through their paces to give you an overview of the best appliances on the market today. We’ve had the opportunity to cover all of the major brands, and rated each bread machine on numerous criteria – such as price, weight, cooking options, LCD options, warranty time frames and more.
Over the years, we’ve covered dozens of different bread makers, and given each a unique rating out of 5. We review each appliance on its own merits – from criteria such as the affordability, how effective it is at making bread, the variety of options available to you and overall reliability. We have covered almost every major consumer bread machine brand – giving you complete peace of mind.
The Top 5 Bread Machines for 2016: BEST SELLERS
- Up to a 2.0 lb. loaf capacity, ideal for larger families
- 9 bread settings and 3 crust settings for variety of breads, dough and jams
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaves
- 12 preprogrammed menu options; 3 crust settings; 13-hour delay-start timer
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf; Gluten Free and Custom Menu settings will accommodate gluten free and organic baking ingredients
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf
- Makes homemade bread without preservatives or trans fats including Gluten Free Bread
- 3 easy steps - Add ingredients, select cycle, start
- 3 choices of loaf sizes and up to 2-1/2 pounds loaf capacity, ideal bread machine for modern family
- Settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads/cakes
The above models have been independently selected by BreadMachineDirect.com as the best bread machines of 2015 – based on their affordability, durability, lifespan, effectiveness and overall quality. Each Bread Machine has impressed our independent panel of Judges, and deserves a spot in your home as one of your most used kitchen appliances. Choosing the right bread machine is easy – just look at your budget. We’re going to cover exactly what to look for in more detail; just carry on reading.
Know what Brand you want? Simply head over to our relevant section!
Bread Machine Benefits Summed Up – Why You Need One
Bread Machines are an innovation to today’s society. We live in a world where heading down to the local supermarket is the norm. We have lost touch with our inner selves. Cooking food the manual way has been in our very society and culture for thousands of years, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Why is it then, that many of us choose to purchase food from large corporations instead of making it ourselves; when the latter usually delivers more nutritious and delicious food?
Believe it or not, it’s estimated that roughly 30% of all Americans own some form of a Bread Machine – whether that’s a conventional bread machine or merely a hybrid appliance. The true reality is, is that Americans really do enjoy home cooked Bread, and we’re here to increase that number. We believe that home cooked bread not only provides lots of nutritional benefits, but also spreads happiness and love all around a family home. The smell of fresh bread coming out of the bread machine is a smell that no other food can replicate – it is simply heaven; and that’s why we absolutely love our Bread Machines.
With that said, it’s time to get down to the real benefits of owning a bread machine:
- Simple Assembly, Simple Clean Up: It could be argued that no other kitchen appliance is as easy to use as the bread machine. Most modern models simply involve dumping (yes, dumping) the ingredients into the machine, fiddling around with the settings for a minute or two, and pressing start. The clean up process is simple, and often only requires one pan and a blade.
- More Time For You: It’s no hidden secret that using a bread machine is far easier, and far less time consuming than making bread by hand. All of that mixing and kneading makes hard work for poor souls. Luckily, bread machines automate all of this for you – meaning your energy gets spent on actually tasting the food, rather than dithering away at laborious mixing. Don’t worry, you’ll still thoroughly enjoy your end product too.
- Better Texture, Higher Bread Yield: When you mix and knead a loaf of bread using a Bread Machine, you’ll find that the finished result is a bigger and better loaf of bread. I’m not entirely sure why machines are better at making bread than us – but they are. In dozens of independent tests that we’ve conducted, we have consistently achieved higher bread yields and better texture quality by using a bread machine.
- Useful Timers and Settings: Bread Machines are notorious for being rather bland looking kitchen appliances. That’s because you don’t get any fluffy settings with them. Instead, you get useful programmable options and settings that really add to your baking repertoire.
- You Can Literally Forget About Your Bread: Unlike Food Processors or Blenders, most Bread Machines operate a set-and-forget policy. Once you’ve chosen your desired settings and options, you can usually forget about it completely until you hear that all important bleep to indicate that the bread has been baked and is ready to be eaten. From our own experience, you’ll often associate that beep with an overwhelming sense of happiness and excitement.
Why You Should Buy A Bread Machine
Bread winners? Let’s talk bread machines, which allow you to easily prepare your own bread at home. Right now, there are many brands to chose from that are compact, fool-proof, have tons of settings, and are easy to use. Why should you buy a bread machine? From saving money to filling your home with the great aroma, there’s good reason to invest in a machine of your own.
- Invest Now, Save Later: A bread machine can be a great investment. All you have to do is use it! The cost of bread has risen tenfold in the recent decades. Quality breads are going for more than just a few dollars these days. Purchase a bread machine now, and you will have made your money back after the first dozen loaves. The ingredients to make bread, such as flour, and yeast are easier on your wallet and can compose the same loaf of bread on the pricey-end of the grocery shelf.
- Natural Ingredients: Not only are the ingredients affordable, but they are natural. Check-out the vast majority of bread on your supermarket shelves and you will find surprising ingredients such as loads of sugar and high fructose corn syrup. By making your own bread at home, you’re in control of what goes into your body. The taste of a homemade loaf should be timeless, simple, and delicious. If you care about the food you are putting into your body, having your own bread machine at home is one ideal way to take control.
- Options and Ease: A bread machine will open the door to a world of culinary options. From savory sourdough and rye to pizza dough, or slightly sweet Hawaiian rolls, a bread machine can offer an expanse of bakery delights available to you any time. Modern machines are built to please, offering a variety of features such as pre-set temperatures, timers, cool down, and shut-off modes. The machine will let you know when the loaf is ready. A new bread machine will be accompanied by a book of recipes that are simple for even the beginner to prepare.
- Less Mess: Why buy a bread machine when you could knead and bake dough in the oven? Because bread machines do the heavy-lifting for you. Without a bread machine, one must mix and endlessly knead a hulk of dough into the right shape, requiring space and strength. On the other hand, you can toss ingredients into the machine, close the lid, and let it do its magic. Easily remove the perfectly-shaped loaf, slice to desired thickness, and marvel at the fine texture and exquisite taste.
Embrace the perks of modern technology and take a peek at some of the great bread machines on the market these days. Fill your home with the mouth-watering aroma of fresh baked bread with just a few ingredients and the touch of a button.
Please refer to our disclaimer for more information about the currentness of prices.